Fairmined Gold & Silver
What is Fairmined?
“Every gram counts”
Fairmined is an assurance label that certifies gold from small-scale mining organizations that embrace responsible practices. It transforms mining into an active force for good. The Fairmined initiative was created by the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM), a non-profit organization globally recognized as a leader and pioneer of responsible artisanal and small-scale mining. The Fairmined Standard promotes the miners' well-being by ensuring the right working conditions, health and safety at work, fair wages and working hours, no child labor, gender equality, and promotes empowerment and well-being in the community.Learn more
“From mindfulness comes meaning”
The Fairmined Standard
The Fairmined Standard is made up of a list of requirements from the Artisanal and Small-scale Mining Organizations that wish to obtain Fairmined certification.
- Small-scale operations with low environmental impacts.
- Safe and reduced handling of chemicals or chemical-free extraction.
- Protection of water supplies.
- A positive environmental legacy.
- No link to conflict situations.
- No child labor.
- Gender equality.
- Promotes well-being in the communities.
- Strengthen and empowered organization.
- An additional premium as a market incentive.
- Better trade relationships.
- Legal mining operation.
- Workers rights to organize.
- Stability in the jobs of the miners.
- A healthy and safe work environment.
The Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM)
Founded in 2004, the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM) is globally recognized as a leader and pioneer of responsible artisanal and small-scale mining. Their shared vision is for artisanal and small-scale mining to become a formalized, organized and profitable activity that uses efficient technologies, and is socially and environmentally responsible.Learn more
“The value of gold should be measured by more than its weight”
“Gold to be proud of”
There are approximately 20 million artisanal gold miners worldwide.
Artisanal and small-scale mining employs 90% of the workfadeforce behind gold extraction.
Since 2014, 1558Kg of Fairmined Gold has been sold to the market.
Over 150 million people, miners, and their families depend on artisanal and small-scale mining to make a living.
Currently, 6 artisanal and small-scale mining organizations from 2 countries are Fairmined certified.