What is Fairmined?
Fairmined is an assurance label that certifies gold from small-scale mining organizations that embrace responsible practices. It transforms mining into an active force for good. The Fairmined initiative was created by the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM), a non-profit organization globally recognized as a leader and pioneer of responsible artisanal and small-scale mining. The Fairmined Standard promotes the miners' well-being by ensuring the right working conditions, health and safety at work, fair wages and working hours, no child labor, gender equality, and promotes empowerment and well-being in the community.
From Mindfulness Comes Meaning
The Fairmined Standard
- Small-scale operations with low environmental impacts.
- Safe and reduced handling of chemicals or chemical-free extraction.
- Protection of water supplies.
- No link to conflict situations.
- No child labor.
- Gender equality.
- Promotes well-being in the communities.
- Strengthen and empowered organization.
- An additional premium as a market incentive.
- Better trade relationships.
- Legal mining operation.
- Workers rights to organize.
- Stability in the jobs of the miners.
- A healthy and safe work environment.
The Alliance for Responsible Mining
Founded in 2004, the Alliance for Responsible Mining(ARM) is globally recognized as a leader and pioneer of responsible artisanal and small-scale mining. Their shared vision is for artisanal and small-scale mining to become a formalized, organized and profitable activity that uses efficient technologies, and is socially and environmentally responsible.
Franny E Adornments Inc.
Fairmined ID: CA30016